Since 2015 Ravil has been supporting international and local clients through Kassilgov & Partners, a law firm which he has founded. Earlier, he had worked at Kazakhstan’s first law firm, ZANGER, for 9 years. Throughout his career, Ravil works closely with various international law firms.
Ravil represents companies in courts of all levels, predominantly in tax disputes, and international arbitrations. By way of illustration, he represented:
- An oil producing joint venture in a tax and environmental dispute worth approx. US$ 70 million;
- Taxpayers in tax disputes over challenging of transactions worth more than KZT 10 billion;
- A number of international biopharmaceutical companies in disputes over protection of undisclosed information;
- Foreign hedge funds in disputes with large banks over infringement of shareholders’ rights, and taxation of derivative transactions;
- Large Kazakhstani universities in corporate disputes;
- A major developer in a dispute over the demolition of a newly constructed business class residential facility in Almaty.
Ravil acted as a Kazakh contract law expert before the International Arbitration Court of the International Chamber of Commerce, London, in a dispute concerning compensation of losses which resulted from damage to drilling equipment.
Areas of practice:
Tax, customs and corporate disputes, protection of pharmaceutical companies against unfair competition, international arbitration.