Due diligence of internal processes for the creation of intellectual property (IP) of entrepreneurs, development of IP management system (in partnership with software developers, such IP management system can be automated), drafting of job descriptions for employees-authors of IP; and due diligence of IP items to check whether the intellectual property rights on IP items created by employees or third parties under a civil contract arise in the name of the entrepreneur.
Contractual work with IP items
Drafting or revision of agreements on assignment or use of IP items (license agreements, franchising agreements, author’s commissioning agreements and other agreements), representing clients in negotiations of agreements and registration of agreements with the National Institute for Intellectual Property (as necessary).
Intellectual property protection
- Representing clients in disputes on violation of intellectual property rights within civil and administrative procedures, pre-trial settlement of disputes.
- Inclusion of intellectual property items into the customs registers of intellectual property of Kazakhstan and the CIS countries.
Registration of intellectual property items
- Registration of means of individualization and industrial property items using the national procedure by filing of an application with the National Institute for Intellectual Property or using the regional or international systems for registration of intellectual property items. Registration of copyright items and related rights items, integrated circuit topologies with the National Institute for Intellectual Property (which are optionally registered in Kazakhstan).
- Legal support in acknowledgement of trademarks as well-known.
- Appealing registration of IP items, if such items hinder the client’s entrepreneurial activities: appealing registration of IP items on the basis of non-use (trademarks), on the basis of non-compliance with patentability features and other basis (industrial property items).
- Advising on a wide range of IP issues.